I wasn’t going to write today; there are still gifts to be bought, bags to packed, and cookies to be baked. But then I came across Fran’s post and I took it as a sign to take a moment to do just a little bit of writing. At the beginning of this beautiful reflection, she shared some of the prompts that WordPress has been sending. While she interwove all of them into one, I thought I’d just try one:
In no particular order, and more likely what someone else has said, and not necessarily what I believe…
- Baking cookies-bringing all of the ingredients pre-measured and ready to go to my sister’s house this weekend because she loves a good chocolate crinkle cookie and I’m a good big sister.
- Getting people to open up-maybe because I’m open book. I’ll tell anyone who will listen, my story.
- Writing in cursive-but does anybody do this anymore?
- Reading aloud-sometimes my students would insist I reread a chapter of our book if the sub read it to them in my absence.
- Googling how to fix IT issues-my in-laws literally make a list and save it until we go to visit or if it’s dire, they’ll give me a call. They have three adult children, two that live within 20 minutes of them. My husband and I live 5+ hours away. Oh wait, maybe I’m good at explaining…
Enough about me! What about you? What would go on your list?